Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and many city services will be closed. Here's a list of closures and service interruptions (available at TulsaWorld.com):
- All Tulsa City-County Library locations will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday Nov 27 and will remain closed Thursday November 28. All locations will be open regular hours Friday.
- Tulsa Transit will not have service Thursday. Saturday-level service will be provided on Friday.
- Tulsa City Hall and government offices (county as well) will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- For customers who have twice-a-week trash pickup, the schedule will be as follows: Monday/Thursday customers will have Monday/Friday service, while Tuesday/Friday customers will have Tuesday/Saturday service. Wednesday/Saturday customers will have no change in their service days.
- Park recreation centers will be closed Thursday and Friday, but outdoor facilities will be accessible.
- The Tulsa Zoo and Gilcrease Museum will be open Thursday and Friday.
- Mohawk and Page Belcher Golf Courses will be closed Thursday but open Friday.
- The city's green waste site, 10401 E. 56th St. North, will be closed Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday, but it will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. It resumes its normal schedule Dec. 3. Wood chips and free firewood are available at the city's green waste site, and Tulsa utility customers are allowed to drop off yard waste free of charge.
- Residents who need assistance with a water or sewer problem may call the city's 24-hour emergency hotline, 918-596-9488.