October 1 is T(rash)-Day for residents in the City of Tulsa.
City of Tulsa residents have been bracing themselves for this day and come Monday will be expected to change their refuse-tossing ways.
Here are a few things to remember about Tulsa's new trash service. Visit www.knowyourtrash.com or phone 918-596-9777 with questions. You can also look to the Tulsa City-County Library's Trash, Recycling & Reuse Guide for assistance.
- Residential waste is picked up once per week. Find your pick up day here: http://bit.ly/LswVVx
- Each household was issued a 96-gallon blue cart for recycling and either a 96, 64, or 32-gallon grey cart for garbage.
- All waste should be bagged and placed in the garbage can.
- Recyclables need to be rinsed but not bagged or sorted.
- Extra waste left outside the can needs to be labled with a red extra waste sticker.
- Green/Yard waste should be bagged or bundled and marked with a green waste tag (during heavy leaf months clear bags of leaves without the green waste tag will be collected).
- 10 stickers for each green and extra waste will be issued. Additional stickers can be purchased for 50 cents each from area Quik Trip stores.
- Have bulky waste? Schedule a special pick up by phoning 918-596-9777. There is a $5.00 fee for each scheduled bulky waste pick up.
Today this is all new and different... but soon it will be old hat.