How Do I...

There are certain circumstances that will prevent an item form being renewed:

  • There are outstanding fines on your card greater than $10.00
  • The material is long overdue
  • Your card (registration) has expired
  • There is a request for the item by another library customer.

Renewal dates are from the date renewed-not the date the material is due.

Library cards are typically valid for 2 years.

Library cards must be renewed in person. Photo identification and verification of local address are required. If your photo identification does not have your current address we will accept recently postmarked mail to the current address for verification. The library also provides a free postcard that can be mailed to the customer’s current residential address  to be used as verification. Other forms of address verification may be accepted. For further information please contact the Central Circulation Department at 918.549.7444.

Library cards are available for children of any age.

Customers who live within the city limits of Bixby, Broken Arrow, Collinsville, Glenpool, Jenks, Owasso, Sand Springs, Skiatook , Sperry and Tulsa also qualify for a free library card.

Customers that do not  live in Tulsa County and do not meet the above criteria may pay $50.00 per year for full access to Tulsa-City County Library  services. The $50.00 fee covers all family members in the household. Please note that eBooks and downloadable audio books may not be checked out with this type of library card.


To qualify for a free library card, someone in your household must live, work, go to school or pay property taxes in Tulsa County, or live, work or go to school within the city limits of Bixby, Broken Arrow, Collinsville, Glenpool, Jenks, Owasso, Sand Springs, Skiatook, Sperry or Tulsa. If you do not meet the requirements for a card, you may purchase one for $50 per household per year.

  • Customers wishing to receive a library card should fill out an application available at any Tulsa City-County Library location.
  • Adults are required to provide photo identification and verify current residential address.
  • Minors (17 and younger) may receive a card signed for by the parent or legal guardian or apply for a Unaccompanied Minor card to be mailed to the parent/legal guardians home address.

Additionally you may apply for a card online.

  • We will mail your new card to your home address.
  • After you receive your new card, please bring it with you to any Tulsa City-County Library location to activate it. Please also bring a photo ID. If your photo ID does not show your current address, please bring a recently postmarked mail with your name and current address on it for proof of residency.