Tulsa City-County Library values your title suggestions for purchase. The library material selectors consider suggestions based on the selection criteria outlined in our Collection Development policy. If we purchase a title, it will appear in the catalog in approximately 60 days.
Due to the volume of requests, please assist us by following these instructions:
- Check our online catalog before submitting a title suggestion to make sure we don’t already have the title.
- Your name and library card number are required to suggest a title for purchase.
- Check carefully to make sure that your suggested title is available in the format you are recommending.
- Request only titles that are available and currently in print. Some items are out of print or outdated and are unavailable for purchase and should not be suggested. Note that many large-print editions and paperbacks become out of print within a year of publication.
- The Interlibrary Loan service is an option for you to use if your title is out of print.
- If you are an author interested in having your self-published material included in the collection, please contact the Collection Development Manager. For information about small presses or self-published, see Marketing Your Material to the Tulsa City-County Library.
Please watch the online catalog for updates to see if your requested item has been added to the collection. Please note that we will not notify you of our decision nor will we reserve the item for you.