Tulsa

Holy Family Parish Cemetery: A Most Beautiful City Of The Dead

early map of tulsa

Holy Family parishioners were buried in the city cemetery initially. But in the spring of 1910, Holy Family Parish acquired a 10-acre tract to bury their dead. The tract was a little more than a mile beyond the city limits at that time. An undated map (pictured left and available in the maps digital collection) shows that the Catholic cemetery was located southeast of Woodward Park. 

New In The Digital Collections: Malvina Stephenson's Oral History Transcribed

Malvina Stephenson began working for the Tulsa World after receiving a master's degree in journalism from the University of Oklahoma in 1936. Though she moved to Washington to cover the nation's capital in 1940, her relationship with the Tulsa World continued for over 50 years. In this oral history, she talks about her work as an early female reporter at the Tulsa World and in Washington. 

Famous Tulsan As A Teen: Daniel Boorstin, 12th Librarian Of Congress

daniel boorstin

Daniel Boorstin, content-liberating 12th Librarian of Congress and Pulitzer Prize-winning author, graduated from Tulsa's Central High School in 1930 at the age of 15. 

October Nonprofit Resource Center Newsletter Now Available

The October issue of the Nonprofit Resource Center's E-Newsletter is now available online. 

The newsletter is designed to keep Tulsa nonprofits up-to-date on upcoming workshops, free online training, helpful resources, and all things nonprofit.

New In The Digital Collections: 1950s and 1960s Aerial Photographs Of Tulsa

aerial map of arkansas river pedestrian bridge, blair mansion property, riverside, and 31st street

We've added a collection of 1950s and 1960s USGS aerial maps of Tulsa County to our Maps digital collection.  The maps provide information about Tulsa's changing landscape.

Pages