2017: Forms for 2016 returns are available from irs.gov 1800-829-3676 as of 1/4/17. Filing begins January 23rd and ends April 18th. The library will offer as many federal forms as possible, as they become available, and filers may download and print any other federal forms as well as state forms, with the normal printing charges applying. The State of Oklahoma does not provide pre-printed tax forms.
Tax help sites open at the beginning of February unless otherwise noted.
Tax-help assistance for the Tulsa area. Sites listed offer free tax assistance to all citizens in lower to middle-income levels--typically individuals who earn $40,000 per year or less or FAMILIES whose income is $54,000 or less. Information from the State IRS office (1/29/10) indicates that TCE (AARP/ Tax Aide in our area) sites will assist with more complex returns with no income limitation but that preference is given to the elderly. CAPTC no longer provides tax preparation help. Taxes are due April 18th.
- MAILING ADDRESS FOR FEDERAL TAX FORMS (IRS): Click on link above to find IRS addresses for Oklahoma residents, the type of form to be filed and if a payment is enclosed determine which address to use.
- MY FREE TAXES: Free online tax software for those with household income $62,000 a year or less.
- WHAT TO BRING for TAX PREPARATION: Picture I.D., W-2 forms for ALL jobs held in 2016, Social security card for each household member, 1099 forms for interest/dividend/pension income, Child care providers' name, address, and tax ID, as well as any other documents you may have received or think necessary and a voided bank check if you plan on requesting direct deposit; All adult parties must be present when filing a joint return. If itemizing deductions, bring all receipts or canceled checks for items such as medical expenses including Medicare premiums withheld from Social Security monthly payments, taxes paid, mortgage interest paid and charitable contributions. A copy of the previous year's tax return would be helpful.
- For VITA information call the Oklahoma Tax Commission at 405-297-4027.
- For AARP info, call 918-808-7323.
- Most sites open first week of February and operate through the week of April 18th. Sites in parentheses provided assistance in 2016 but are not yet confirmed for 2017.
- SITES IN THE CITY OF TULSA:
- ALL SITES OFFER ELECTRONIC FILING (E-file) using IRS provided tax preparation software.
- ASBURY UNITED METHODIST, 6767 S Mingo. Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays 1-4.30pm. (AARP Tax Aide)
- THE CENTER FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH PHYSICAL CHALLENGES, 815 S Utica, Thursdays 5-8, (VITA)
- CENTRAL CENTER IN CENTENNIAL PARK, 1028 E. 6 St. , Wednesdays and Thursdays 9.30-4. 918-596-1444. No appointment necessary. (AARP Tax Aide)
- EASTSIDE CHRISTIAN CHURCH, 1438 S Indianapolis, M-W 9-3, (VITA.)
- GOODWILL, 2800 Southwest Boulevard, Saturdays 9-3, (VITA)
- HARDESTY LIBRARY, 8316 E. 93 St.. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays 9.30 am - 3.30 pm. . 918-549-7550. (AARP Tax Aide) Sign in on arrival; spots are limited. Staff recommends you arrive no later than nine.
- LIFE SENIOR SERVICES, for seniors 60 and over with household income under $54,000. T-TR 9-3, by appointment. 918-664-9000.
- TULSA DREAM CENTER, 200 W 46TH St N, M-T 9-3, TR-F 9-3(VITA/United Way).
- SUBURBAN AREAS:
- BROKEN ARROW CENTRAL PARK CENTER. 1500 S Main St, BA, Tue and Wed 9.30-4.30. AARP.
- (BROKEN ARROW NSU CARD, 3100 E New Orleans St, NSU Building E Rm 118. Call 918-486-2471 for appointment. VITA. )
- OWASSO COMMUNITY CENTER, 301 S. Cedar St., Mondays and Thursdays, 10 am - 4.30pm. (AARP Tax Aide). 918-272-3903.
- SAPULPA PUBLIC LIBRARY, 27 W. Dewey Ave., Wednesdays and Fridays 10-- 4 pm. (AARP Tax Aide) 918-234-5624.
- ( CATOOSA, CN Community Services, 310 Chief Stand Watie, Thursdays 9-4. To make an appointment, call 918-266-5658(VITA).)( CLAREMORE, CN Community Services, 23205 S. Hwy 66. To make an appointment call (918)342-6818 (VITA). ) CLAREMORE CARD RSU Innovation Center 2000 University Dr., Herrington Hall rm 225 (Closed during spring break) Appointments encouraged but walk-ins welcome. To make an appointment call (918)341-5000 x314. (VITA). (COLLINSVILLE, CN Community Services #10, 1323 N. Broadway. For an appointment call (918)316-7697 (VITA). )
- Updated 1/12/17.