Hardesty Center for Fab Lab Tulsa, Inc. (FLTI)
710 S Lewis
PO Box 14047
- Board President: Matt Norris.
- Tues-Thur: 11-8:00, Fri- Sat: 11-6:00.
- Fab Lab is short for Fabrication Laboratory. It is a community workspace providing access to an array of computer-controlled fabrication technology such as 3D Printers and Laser Cutters that can be used to conceptualize, design, develop, and fabricate almost anything. Fab Lab was originally developed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). It has been deployed to over 40 different locations on 5 different continents. Fab Lab Tulsa is collaborating with MIT to be the 50th location. It is a community center for innovation, entrepreneurship, and technological education. Its mission is to facilitate creativity and innovation in art, science, entrepreneurship, and engineering, and to provide opportunities to improve the quality of life.
- Fab Lab Tulsa focuses on three primary constituencies in offering programming that meets distinct needs and objectives: youth, workforce, and business and industry. The lab schedule features designated public hours during the week and weekends where the community can come in to use the lab in a non-program related capacity.
- Equipment available includes 3-D printer, laser-cutter, milling machines, vinyl cutter, electronics workbench, and power and hand tools. Certification for necessary equipment id offered. Basic materials are available free of charge. All design software is open-source and available through Fab Lab's website.
- Free public hours will be available, as will annual and semi-annual memberships with extended access to the machines. Jump-Start package ($99) includes instructor led courses and additional time.
- Speakers available on concept and marketing of the lab. In the future, Fab Lab Tulsa has a range of speakers including technical experts, intellectual patent attorneys, entrepreneurship education, youth science/engineering, and art and function.
- Meeting space available: The Lab has conference space available by reservation to business members, partners and school groups.
- Mini Maker Faire. Annual Maker Faire Tulsa includes artists, engineers, scientists, hobbyists, crafters, students, educators, as well as assorted makers who don’t fit into any category, but who still contribute to the event in their own way. A family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker movement.
- Created 8/10.
- Update req emailed 8/12
- Provisional update 7/14