Can The Library Help Me File My Taxes?

Well, the short answer is no, the library does not assist with tax preparation or offer tax advice. However, we do have some resources that may make tax season a little more bearable for you.

First, all library locations should have some free basic Federal tax forms and instructions. (Because of recent changes in the tax system, some materials have not been widely delivered yet, so be sure to contact your local library branch to see which forms and booklets they have available.) Most other forms can be found and printed from the Internal Revenue Service website. The Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC) no longer provides the library with paper forms or instructions, but these materials can be accessed on the OTC website. They can also be printed at any Tulsa library location for a fee (10 cents a page).

Secondly, two local agencies, AARP and Community Action Project continue their annual free tax assistance service at various locations around Tulsa County, including community centers, churches, and yes, even a few libraries. To find a complete list of locations, dates and times for this tax help, as well as information on what to bring and other requirements, go to the Free Tax Help page in out Tulsa Organizations and Services database.

Add new comment