What is Mobius?
Mobius is a regional group of libraries that share materials. Each library in Mobius loans their materials to each other for customer use. Tulsa City County Library card holders can borrow materials from MOBIUS member libraries, providing ready access to materials that would often not be available in a public library.
How do I get titles from MOBIUS?
- Search Tulsalibrary.org for the title. If Tulsa City County owns the title, you should place a hold on that title. If the Library does not have the title you want, click the "Search MOBIUS" button. The catalog will automatically re-send your search to the MOBIUS catalog. The next screen you see will be a search results screen from MOBIUS.
- If you locate the title you want in the MOBIUS catalog, click on the title to go to the full record. If MOBIUS does not have the title you want, click on the Prospector link to continue your search.
- To place a hold on the title, click the "REQUEST THIS ITEM" link located beneath the author, title and publisher information.
- In the "With which institution are you affiliated?" box, choose "TCCL".
- On the next screen, enter your first or last name, your complete library card number, and the branch where you want to pick up the title.
- If more than one copy of the title is available, you may be asked to choose which copy you want to request. Click to select the radio button to the left of the title, and then click the "Request Selected Item" button.
- You will receive a confirmation that your request was successful.
- You can view titles you have placed on hold by going to My Account at Tulsalibrary.org.
How many titles can I check out from MOBIUS? How many holds can I have?
You can have a combined total of 20 titles at one time. (Titles remain on your account from the time they are requested until they arrive back to the owning Mobius library.)
How long is the checkout period for MOBIUS titles?
Typically 3 weeks for print materials, but dependent upon lending library. AV materials may be a shorter period of time, also dependent upon lending library.
Can I renew titles I borrowed through MOBIUS?
Yes, you can renew most titles up to 2 times, unless needed by another patron. Media items may not be renewed. A MOBIUS title may be renewed only if there are 7 or fewer days remaining in the current loan period. If you try to renew a title more than 7 days prior to the due date, you will receive a "Renewal Too Soon" message.
MOBIUS renewals may take some time to process depending on the owning library. After renewing, the title may have a "Renewal Pending" status for a short period of time.
How long will it take for my hold to arrive at my local library?
Average time for an item to arrive from the time the hold was placed is generally 3-4 weeks. Some items may take longer, such as when there are other holds in queue.
How do I know when my hold has arrived?
You will be notified by e-mail if your current e-mail address is in your patron record or by phone.
How long do I have to pick up my hold after it arrives?
I can't place holds in MOBIUS. What might be the problem?
You will not be able to place holds or check out titles from the MOBIUS catalog if:
- Your library card has expired.
- You owe fines or fees.
- You have even ONE overdue MOBIUS title.
- You have a combination of 20 MOBIUS items on your account. (Titles remain on your account from the time they are requested until they arrive back to the owning Mobius library.)
What if I lose or damage a MOBIUS book?
Replacement costs for any MOBIUS title is $120.00. Actual billed amount from owning library may be greater or smaller.
How do I contact the Resource Sharing Department?
The Resource Sharing Department is located at the Support Services Center. Normal office hours are 7:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The phone number is 549-7395. If the office is closed, you may leave a message on our voice mail.