Your support helps the Tulsa City-County Library provide free access to the books, technology, literacy programs, children's story times, and so much more. With your generosity, we can continue to offer all of these amazing FREE services for all of Tulsa County. Donate today by calling 918-549-7323 or clicking below!
From shelving books at your local library to instructing an Internet training session, volunteering at the library strengthens the community. Volunteering is as flexible as your schedule. Last year, more than 921 volunteers gave more than 34,000 hours of their time to the library system. This equals the full-time equivalent of 16.42 employees! Learn more about volunteering with TCCL by visiting our Volunteer Page today!
Friends of the Library
Friends of the Tulsa City-County Libraries was founded in 1957 and incorporated in 1968 as a nonprofit organization. Its purpose is to aid and promote the activities and goals of the Tulsa City-County Library system. The Friends organization fulfills its purpose through diverse programs and activities responsive to a wide range of needs and concerns. Learn more about Friends of the Library or apply for membership online by visiting our Friends of the Library page today!
Thank you for your interest in donating to Tulsa City-County Library. We certainly welcome donations! Due to the high volume of donations we receive, we have had to establish some donation guidelines. When donating to Tulsa City-County Library, please keep in mind:
- Donations are accepted at the discretion of the local library manager.
- We can use books that are in excellent condition and less than five years old.
- We are unable to use books that have outdated information or are worn, torn, stained, yellow, dirty, moldy or dusty, or have personal information written or highlighted in them.
- We cannot accept a large volume of books; please keep donations to 25 items or one box at any one time.
- We do not accept VHS or cassette tapes.
- We do not collect or attempt to sell rare books.
While we are happy to receive your book donations, we are unable to notify you of decisions we make about your donations. We also are unable to pick up your donations from your residence.
Books donated may or may not be added to the Library collection, depending on demand for the format or item. If we do not add the donated books, we may sell the book in one of our book sales located at several libraries across Tulsa County. If we aren’t able to sell a book, it is donated to Better World Books, which resells or recycles all donations and a portion of the funds go to support our Literacy program. Better World Books is a triple bottom line organization that supports literacy programs around the world and keeps used books out of landfills.
Central Library does not take donations of books, please see one of our Regional Libraries or other locations for donations.
- Hardesty Regional Library, 8316 E. 93rd St.
- Martin Regional Library, 2601 S. Garnett Road
- Rudisill Regional Library, 1520 N. Hartford
- Zarrow Regional Library, 2224 W. 51st St.
Some other local organizations that accept book donations include the Goodwill and Salvation Army.
Again, thank you for your interest in donating to the library. We appreciate customers who support the library. If you have questions about our donation policy, please contact the nearest Tulsa City-County Library branch or call the AskUs Hotline at 918-549-7323.