Friends of the Tulsa City-County Libraries
Friends of the Tulsa City-County Libraries was founded in 1957 and incorporated in 1968 as a nonprofit organization. Its purpose is to aid and promote the activities and goals of the Tulsa City-County Library system. The Friends organization fulfills its purpose through diverse programs and activities responsive to a wide range of needs and concerns. Friends membership is open to anyone who believes in supporting our library system.
YOUR Friends Membership in Action
As a Friend YOU are an advocate on behalf of libraries in our community and across the state.
As a Friend YOU champion literacy through the First Book initiative to provide books to children from low-income families and through the library’s Summer Reading Program.
As a Friend YOU supply staff with scholarships for continuing education and fund staff training days.
As a Friend YOU bring opportunities for yourself and others in Tulsa County to participate in both fun and informative programs like Books Sandwiched In and the Adult Creative Writing Contest.
As a Friend YOU say "thank you" to every library volunteer across Tulsa County by supporting the annual volunteer recognition banquet hosted by the Friends.
Join or Donate
Two ways to join or donate:
Download a Form
Supported Programs and Events
Adult Creative Writing Contest | LEARN MORE
- For over 40 years Friends have sponsored a creative writing contest for adults to foster emerging writers.
Books Sandwiched In | LEARN MORE
- The Friends' longest running program, Books Sandwiched In, brings notable Tulsans to the library for engaging book talks each spring and fall.
First Book | LEARN MORE
- Sponsored locally by Friends, First Book is a nationwide initiative to bring books to early readers. Friends currently serve four Title 1 sites, providing nearly 1,000 books annually.
Great Decisions | LEARN MORE
- Friends are host to Great Decisions foreign policy discussion groups that meet across Tulsa.
Staff Scholarship Program
- Friends help ensure the next generation of library leaders are equipped to handle the evolving library landscape by providing scholarships for staff to further their education.
Travels With Tulsans | LEARN MORE
- Another long running Friends program, Travels With Tulsans travelogues inform and entertain guests each winter.
Friends of the Tulsa City-County Libraries also supports the library's literacy program, volunteer program and other initiatives.
2022-2023 Officers and Board
Dorothy Minor, President
Marty Laughlin, 1st Vice President
Cindy McDonald, 2nd Vice President
Nancy Carroll, Treasurer
Lillie Haddican, Assistant Treasurer
Gisele McDaniel, Recording Secretary
Glad Platner, Corresponding Secretary
Lin Arnett, Laura Bottoms, Brenda Bradshaw, Bob Caruso, Chris Cole, Courtney Cooper, Doris Degner-Foster, Laura Duncombe, Ros Elder, Laura Frossard, Karen Gaddis, Mindy Galoob, Catherine Gatchell, Donna Hart, Barry Hensley, Janet Holland, Lisa Lawrence, Randy Lewin, Gabe Lowe, Elizabeth Mefford, Diane Morrow-Kondos, George Moudry, Karen Owens, Diane Pennington, Virginia Richard, Diane Schnell, April Schweikhard, Marian Sexton, Karla Tomsen, Dale Watts, Cecilia Whitehurst