To celebrate the joy of reading and the generational bond books bring, TCCL presents a series of programs to highlight “Grandparents Day” at the library.
“These Grandparents Day celebrations are a great way for people across the generations to come together and share the joy of reading,” said Laura Raphael, children’s services coordinator. “Grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles are all welcome to join the fun. As long as you are supporting the literacy growth of the special child or children in your life, we want you at the library!”
Through this series of multi-generational programming, grandparents and grandchildren can strengthen their bond through books with fun activities.
Enjoy these free programs and share memories for a lifetime:
- Storytime with Grandma and Grandpa – Sept. 3, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Suburban Acres Library, 4606 N. Garrison. Ms. Beverly, children’s librarian, will read stories and share poems and songs with grandparents and their grandchildren.
- Maxwell Park Gaming Guild: Grandparents Day Edition – Sept. 6, 4 to 5 p.m., Maxwell Park Library, 1313 N. Canton. Bring your grandparents to the library to play cooperative card and board games, where the aim of the game is to win or lose – together.
- Grandparents Day Picnic – Sept. 7, 11 a.m. to noon, Martin Regional Library, 2601 S. Garnett Road. Everyone is welcome to come and celebrate grandparents with us. Enjoy snacks, bubbles and, more importantly, have fun reading and spending time with family and friends.
- Grandparents Day Tea Party – Sept. 7, 1 to 2 p.m., Glenpool Library, 730 E. 141st St. Grandparents and grandchildren of all ages are invited to join us for tea and cookies, a story and craft, and a small souvenir. Call 918-549-7323.
- Celebrate Grandparents Day: Decorate Your Own Bird Houses – Sept. 7, 2 to 4 p.m., Judy Z. Kishner Library, 10150 N. Cincinnati Ave. E., Sperry. Bring the whole family to celebrate Grandparents Day! Decorate bird house with the grandchildren, play games and snack on refreshments. Supplies are provided on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Bingo Party: Celebrate Grandparents Day! – Sept. 7, 2 to 3 p.m., Kendall-Whittier Library, 21 S. Lewis. Celebrate Grandparents Day with bingo, snacks and prizes.
- Capturing Memories: A Grandparents Day Celebration – Sept. 8, 2 to 3 p.m., Central Library, Fifth Street and Denver Avenue. Enjoy a storytime followed by a fun craft for grandparents and their loved one to create together. Light snacks and refreshments are provided.
- Grandparents Boot Camp: Come and Up Your Grandparent Game – Sept. 9, 11 a.m. to noon, Helmerich Library, 5131 E. 91st St. Learn fun facts about games, apps and activities popular with young people.
- Poured with Love: Celebrate Grandparents Day – Sept. 9, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., South Broken Arrow Library, 3600 S. Chestnut. Complete a poured painting project and enjoy fun snacks. Sponsored by the Tulsa Library Trust.
- Tea Party: Celebrate Grandparents Day – Sept. 18, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Broken Arrow Library, 300 W. Broadway. Bring your grandparent to the library and join us in celebrating with tea, light snacks, crafts and bubbles.
- Messy Art Club: Decorate a Tote for Grandparents Day – Sept. 24, 6 to 7 p.m., Zarrow Regional Library, 2224 W. 51st St. Celebrate by decorating a canvas tote to keep. Bring your grandparent or special someone. Supplies are limited.
For more information on TCCL programming and activities, call the AskUs Hotline, 918-549-7323 or visit www.tulsalibrary.org.
# # #