For more information, including examples of previous editions, click here.
It's time for our fourth annual Spooky Story contest!
Paper entries will be accepted in-person at any Tulsa City-County Library branch, or may be submitted via online entry form on TCCL's webpage.
The top 10 stories from each age category will be published on TCCL's website, as well as in a physical anthology. Copies will be added to TCCL's permanent collection for checkout, and will be available for individual purchase through the publisher.
- All entries must be the original work of the student.
- The short story contest is open to children/young adults between the ages of 8-18.
- Three different age categories will be judged: 8-11, 12-14, and 15-18.
- Submissions are due by end of day. on Tuesday October 31, and must be original works of no more than 3,500 words.
- Stories can be submitted in person at any Tulsa City-County Library branch or online via entry form.
- All entries must include a title page with the author's first and last name, age and contact information (phone number and email)
- Only one entry will be accepted per contestant.