With library text alerts you can receive text messages when
- items you requested are ready for pickup
- items you have checked out are due soon
- items you have checked out are overdue
You can also send text messages to
- renew items you have checked out
- search for an item at the library using an ISBN
Texts are available in English & Spanish, and multiple accounts can be tracked from one phone number.
To sign up:
- Create a contact in your phone's address book for TCCL Notices.
- Add the phone number 844-225-9698.
- Open the text messaging application.
- Text the word SIGNUP+<library card number>+<password> to the new contact, TCCL Notices or 844-225-9698
- The + between each element is required.
- Replace <library card number> with your 14-digit library card with no spaces (e.g. 22345678901234)
- Replace <password> with the password you use to sign in to the catalog
- e.g. SIGNUP+22345678901234+pwd123
- It should reply with a confirmation.
(Or use a form and Sign up here)
|Register for text alerts
|Add a new card to your text alert account
|Remove a card that was added using ADDCARD
|Fee notification opt in/out
|Hold notification opt in/out
|Current fines & fees for each card
|Check status of all library items
|List of cards registered to text alert account
|Update password linked to library card number
|Current status of all opt in/out services
|Overdue notification opt in/out
|Renew notification opt in/out
|Resend the last message
|Search the catalog for an ISBN number (e.g. ISBN 9780545268370)
|Update phone number or carrier
|Un-register from text alerts (will be followed by several prompts)
*Text only the keyword to opt in or out. Use of the word "stop" will cancel your subscription and require you to sign up again.