With library text alerts you can receive text messages when
- items you requested are ready for pickup
- items you have checked out are due soon
- items you have checked out are overdue
You can also send text messages to
- renew items you have checked out
- search for an item at the library using an ISBN
Texts are available in English & Spanish, and multiple accounts can be tracked from one phone number.
To sign up:
- Create a contact in your phone's address book for TCCL Notices.
- Add the phone number 918-894-5360.
- Open the text messaging application.
- Text the word SIGNUP+<library card number>+<password> to the new contact, TCCL Notices or 918-894-5360
- The + between each element is required.
- Replace <library card number> with your 14-digit library card with no spaces (e.g. 22345678901234)
- Replace <password> with the password you use to sign in to the catalog
- e.g. SIGNUP+22345678901234+pwd123
- It should reply with a confirmation.
(Or use a form and Sign up here)
|English Command||Spanish Command||Description|
|SIGNUP||REGISTRESE||Register for text alerts|
|ADDCARD||ADDCARD||Add a new card to your text alert account|
|DROPCARD||DROPCARD||Remove a card that was added using ADDCARD|
|FEES||TASAS||Fee notification opt in/out|
|HOLDS||MANTENER||Hold notification opt in/out|
|IOWEU||TEDEBO||Current fines & fees for each card|
|MYBOOKS||Check status of all library items|
|MYCARDS||MYCARDS||List of cards registered to text alert account|
|NEWPASS||NUEVOCONTRASENA||Update password linked to library card number|
|NOTICES||AVISOS||Current status of all opt in/out services|
|OVERDUE||ATRASADO||Overdue notification opt in/out|
|RENEW||RENOVAR||Renew notification opt in/out|
|RESEND||REENVIAR||Resend the last message|
|ISBN||ISBN||Search the catalog for an ISBN number (e.g. ISBN 9780545268370)|
|SWITCHPHONE||CAMBIARTELEFONO||Update phone number or carrier|
|QUIT||SALIR||Un-register from text alerts (will be followed by several prompts)|
*Text only the keyword to opt in or out. Use of the word "stop" will cancel your subscription and require you to sign up again.