Federal Tax Information

Frequently Requested 2018 Forms

A selection of federal tax forms and instructions will be available at all Tulsa City-County Library locations. 

You may also ORDER booklets online or by calling 1-800-829-3676 to be delivered by mail.

Tax reform provisions that affect individuals

Additional forms and publications are available at WWW.IRS.GOV.

Earned Income Tax Credit

What is the Earned Income Credit?
The EIC (also known as EITC, earned income tax credit) is a benefit for certain people who work and have low to moderate wages. A tax credit means more money in your pocket. It reduces the amount of tax you owe and may also give you a refund.

You qualify for EITC if:

Use the EITC Assistant to find out your filing status, if your child is a qualifying child, if you are eligible, and estimate the amount of the credit you may get.


MyFreeTaxes logo

MyFreeTaxes is an United Way project that provides free online Federal tax filing for individuals or families with a combined income under $66,000 in 2017. 

Have a QUESTION while you are preparing your return? Certified tax coaches can help!

Assistors will be answering questions from Monday-Saturday 9am to 9pm. Questions are answered in the order that they are received. Responses are provided within 24 hours; more complex questions may require additional research.

  • MyFreeTaxes

    The MyFreeTaxes Partnership provides free state and federal tax preparation and filing assistance for qualified individuals.

Other Forms & Helpful Information

Please note: Forms 1099, 1096, 1098, 5498, and W-2 cannot be filed with forms downloaded from the IRS site. To get copies of these forms you need to call the IRS directly at 1-800-829-3676, purchase them at an office supply store, or order them online at the IRS web site.

Forms for current and past years can be accessed at

IRS Paycheck Checkup

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act changed the way tax is calculated.

The IRS encourages everyone to perform a quick "paycheck checkup" to ensure you have the right amount withheld.

Withholding Calculator

When is my tax return due?

2018 Tax returns must be postmarked by midnight 

April 15, 2019.

Where do I mail my federal tax return?

If you're enclosing a check or money order, send your return to:

Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 802501
Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501


If you are not enclosing money, send your return to: 

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Fresno, CA 93888-0002


Where's My Refund logo

Get up-to-date refund information using Where's My Refund? or the IRS2Go mobile app. 

Where's My Refund? is updated once every 24 hours, usually overnight. Refunds are generally issued within 21 days after we receive your tax return. 

Contact the IRS

Telephone Assistance for Individuals:
Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 7:00 pm

Oklahoma Tax Information

Frequently Requested Forms

The Oklahoma Tax Commission no longer provides paper forms to libraries or other organizations. Forms can be accessed from the OK Tax Commission website. Frequently requested forms can be accessed below.

Notice:  The Oklahoma Tax Commission is unable to mail forms to individuals or businesses.  

The forms below are for tax year 2018.  

  • 511 Resident Packet
    This is the full booklet (forms, tax tables, and instructions) for the Oklahoma resident income tax return

Tax Rebates & Credits

Frequently requested tax rebates and credits.

Oklahoma 538S Refund of Sales Tax


Contact the Oklahoma Tax Commission

Oklahoma Tax Commission Tulsa Metro Area Location

(918) 581-2399
440 South Houston, 5th Floor
Tulsa, OK 74127
HOURS: 8:00am - 4:30pm

Contact by Telephone

Toll-Free (in-state) (800) 522-8165         

Tax Payer Assistance (405) 521-3160


The Oklahoma Tax Commission encourages all taxpayers to file their taxes electronically.

OKtap logo

When is my tax return due?

2018 Tax returns must be postmarked by midnight 

April 15, 2019.

Where do I mail my Oklahoma tax return?

Mail individual tax returns & form 538-s to:

Oklahoma Tax Commission
P.O. Box 26800
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-0800 

Where's my refund?

OK refund logo

Oklahoma Tax Refunds

Direct Deposit:

Complete the direct deposit box on the tax return to have your refund directly deposited into your account at a bank or other financial institution.

Debit Card:

If you do not choose direct deposit, you can receive your state tax refund on an easy to use debit card, which can be used at ATMs and retail locations that accept MasterCard debit cards. In some cases an ATM fee may apply.

  • How do I get my refund on a debit card?
    If you do not specify direct deposit, you will automatically receive the debit card in lieu of a refund check.
  • How long is the card good for?
    The card will remain active for 3 years.
  • Are there any fees associated with the card?
    If the card remains inactive for 60 day an inactivity fee of $1.50 will be applied. Also, if you use the card at an ATM, ATM charges could apply.
  • Access answers to other frequently asked questions @ 
Free Tax Help and Information

Tax Rebates & Credits

Frequently requested tax rebates and credits.

  • Vision 2025 rebate
    With the Vision 2025 sales tax no longer in effect, and with the rebates for 2017 now ended, the Vision 2025 sales tax rebate program has also ended.

Other Helpful Information

Free Tax Assistance

VITA Sites listed offer free tax assistance to all citizens in lower to middle+ income levels--households earning $55,000 or less.

The AARP Tax Aide program is designed for low to moderate income tax payers, however there are no age or income restrictions. 

ALL SITES OFFER ELECTRONIC FILING (E-file) using IRS provided tax preparation software. 


  • WHAT TO BRING for TAX PREPARATION: Picture I.D., W-2 forms for ALL jobs held in 2018, Social security card for each household member, 1099 forms for interest/dividend/pension income, Child care providers' name, address, and tax ID, as well as any other documents you may have received or think necessary and a voided bank check if you plan on requesting direct deposit; All adult parties must be present when filing a joint return. If itemizing deductions, bring all receipts or canceled checks for items such as medical expenses including Medicare premiums withheld from Social Security monthly payments, taxes paid, mortgage interest paid and charitable contributions. A copy of the previous year's  tax return would be helpful.

Map of Free Tax Help in Tulsa County


Tax help sites open at the beginning of February. 


Tulsa City-County Library System
Access 24 hours/day 7 days/week at MyFreeTaxes

Asbury Methodist Church (AARP)
6767 S. Mingo

Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays - 1-4.30 p.m.
2/1/2019 - 4/16/2019 (closed Feb. 18)

Please use East side entrance.

The Center for Individuals With Physical Challenges (VITA)
815 S. Utica
Thursdays - 5-8 p.m.

Central Center at Centennial Park (AARP)
1028 E. 6th St.
2/6/2019 - 4/16/2019

Wednesdays and Thursdays - 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.

East Side Christian Church (VITA)
1438 S. Indianapolis

Monday through Friday - 9 a.m.-3 p.m.

Goodwill (VITA)
2800 Southwest Blvd
Saturdays - 
9 a.m.-3 p.m.

Hardesty Regional Library (AARP)
8316 E. 93rd St.
2/1/2019 - 4/16/2019
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays - 
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Sign in on arrival; spots are limited. Staff recommends you arrive no later than 9 a.m.

Life Senior Services (VITA)
5950 E. 31st St.
For ages 60+ with household income under $55,000
2/1/2019 - 4/15/2019

Tuesdays – Thursdays 9 a.m.-4 p.m. by appointment, call 918-664-900

200 W 46TH St N
Monday & 
Thursday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.

8145 E 17th St
Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-3 p.m.

Bilingual location

Suburban Areas

Broken Arrow Central Park Center (AARP)
1500 S Main St., BA

Mondays & Wednesdays - 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

CARD-Broken Arrow-NSU (VITA)
3100 E. New Orleans St., BA
NSU Library Bldg E Room 118
1/28/2019 - 4/15/2019
Appointment required, 918-486-2471

Owasso Community Center (AARP)
301 S. Cedar, Owasso

2/1/2019 - 4/15/2019
Mondays & Thursdays - 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Sapulpa Public Library (AARP)
27 W. Dewey, Sapulpa

Wednesdays & Fridays - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
2/1/2019 - 4/12/2019 (library closed March 13-15, 2019)