Tulsa Library's 2019 Summer Reading Program runs from May 28 to August 3. Check out the amazing events at libraries across the county! Read books to earn prizes!
First Day of Summer Reading and Kickoff Events
Tulsa Library's 2019 Summer Reading Program will be Tuesday, May 28. This will be the first day to sign up for the program. There are several special kickoff events at libraries across the county - check the Event Guide to see all of them! Below are selected kickoff events:
- Tuesday, May 28 | Schusterman-Benson Library | Summer Reading Blastoff! For the whole family
- Wednesday, May 29 | Brookside Library | Tabletop Gaming Night: Summer Reading Program Kickoff Party! For teens and tweens
- Thursday, May 30 | Charles Page Library | Summer Reading Program Kickoff: Sand Springs Fire Department For the whole family
- Thursday, May 30 | Judy Z. Kishner Library | Summer Reading Program Kickoff For the whole family
- Thursday, May 30 | Glenpool Library | Summer Reading Program Kickoff Party! For the whole family
- Friday, May 31 | South Broken Arrow Library | Launch Party: Blast Off Into Summer Reading Program For the whole family
- Saturday, June 1 | Bixby Library | Touch-A-Truck: Summer Reading Program Kickoff For the whole family
- Saturday, June 1 | Peggy Helmerich Library | Summer Reading Program Kickoff Party For the whole family
- Tuesday, June 4 | Collinsville Library | Summer Reading Program Kickoff Party: Tulsa Star Force For the whole family
Events Throughout the Summer
Reading, Library Visits, and Prizes
For each program, readers can earn prizes by completing the program challenge. Books, e-books, comic books, and audiobooks all count! Prizes are awarded starting June 17, 2019.
For the Birth-Pre-K Program and the Children's Program, children must visit a library (or the Bookmobile) 4 times, and read (or have read to them) 8 books to earn their medal and coupon book. They may also read an additional 12 books to claim their bonus prize, either a plush cow jumping over moon toy (Birth-Pre-K) or an inflatable space shuttle (Children).
Teens and tweens must read 6 books to earn their cosmic sculpture completion prize and coupon book.
Adults must read 4 books to earn their space mug and coupon book.
Teens/tweens and adults may register online, here. (Children and birth-pre-k readers must register in a library branch or at a Bookmobile location.)
Prizes are awarded as supplies last; the library reserves the right to substitute prizes if necessary.
Library Summer Reading Night with the Drillers
The 2019 Library Summer Reading Night with the Drillers will be Saturday, August 3 - the game starts at 7:05pm (gates open at 6:00pm). Youth who complete the Birth-Pre-K, Children's, or Teen/Tween Summer Reading Program will earn a coupon for a free general admission ticket to the game.