Finding a job takes a lot of time, energy and commitment. It can be a full-time job itself! The Tulsa City-County Library can help you navigate through these challenging economic times. Find all the best job positions currently available. Learn how to craft the perfect resume. Prepare yourself for the interview process. You are sure to find everything you need right here.
Build Your Skills
- Knock 'Em Dead Social Networking by Martin Yate
- Call Number: 650.1 Y271k 2014
- ISBN: 9781440569715
- 100 Conversations for Career Success by Miriam Salpeter
- Call Number: E-book
- ISBN: 9781576859353
- Social Networking for Career Success by Miriam Salpeter
- ISBN: 9781576859322
- Highly Effective Networking by Orville Pierson
- Call Number: 650.14 P615h 2009
- ISBN: 9781601630506
- How to Find a Job on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and Other Social Networks by Brad Schepp; Debra Schepp
- Call Number: 650.14 S325h 2010
- ISBN: 9780071621335
What is Networking?
Networking involves using the vast numbers of people that you know -- your family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, customers, vendors, associates, etc. -- as information sources for job leads.
The more people in your network, and the more people each person in your network knows, the greater number of job leads.
Things to Consider
Upcoming Library Classes
Did you know the library offers instructor-led computer classes?
Check out our event guide for the latest offerings.
Need access to a computer to search for jobs, fill out online job applications or write a resume?
All library locations offer free computer access and wireless (Wi-Fi) connection.
Find your neighborhood branch.
Learning Express offers basic, intermediate and advanced self-paced tutorials on a variety of software packages. Available online 24/7.
Master Microsoft Office
Learn Computer Graphics
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
Understand Your Operating System
- Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
Looking for a new career?
U.S. News and World Report offers job seekers an intuitive method to compare professions based on components that matter most: the number of expected openings, advancement opportunities, career fulfillment and salary expectations. Check out their 100 Best Jobs.
For even more ways to find the “best” job for you, check out these titles available at the library.
- Work Your Strengths: a Scientific Process to Identify Your Skills and Match Them to the Best Career for You
- Call Number: 650.1 M363w 2010
- ISBN: 9780814414071
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2017 by Richard N. Bolles
- Call Number: E-book
- ISBN: 9780399578212
- Publication Date: 2016-08-16
- 50 Best Jobs for Your Personality by Laurence Shatkin
- Call Number: 331.702 S533f 2012
- ISBN: 9781593579104
- The Sequel: How to Change Your Career without Starting Over
- Call Number: 650.14 S533s 2011
- ISBN: 9781593578657
- The Pathfinder by Nicholas Lore
- Call Number: 650.14 L885p 2012
- ISBN: 9781451608328
- Career Changer's Manual
- ISBN: 9781576857809
Careers That Match Your Talent
Check out these websites to determine how your interests and skills can be used to find the right career path for you.
Enter a job you've had, and get a list of occupations that require similar skills. Then you can explore careers, find training, and view and apply for job postings.
Search for careers by keywords, browse by industry, or by matching with your interests and training. Also available in Spanish and offers a special site for Veterans.
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics provides a profile for careers covering the nature of the work, working conditions, employment, training, job outlook, earnings, and related occupations.
Green Country Workforce
Green Country Workforce fuels economic development by connecting businesses in our region with job-ready talent through public/private partnerships.
Enrolled job seekers can access a variety of services including job search assistance, resume assistance, interview prep, on-the-job training, GED assistance, and post-secondary education for qualified applicants.
Local Workforce Centers:
Tulsa American Job Center
14002 East 21st Street, Suite 825
Phone: (918) 796-1200
(Main entrance located on the southwest corner of the building.)
Sapulpa American Job Center
1700 South Main
Phone: (918) 224-9430
For more information on Green Country Workforce and its services, visit https://www.greencountryworks.org/