All publicity outside of your organization’s membership regarding a meeting or event held at a library location must be approved in advance.
Posters, announcements, and promotional material must be professional in appearance, lettering, and reproduction.
Communications, including press releases, posts to webpages or other social media outlets (ex: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) also need approval.
- Contact information for the organization must be included on all publicity including printed promotional material and social media postings.
- The library’s logo may not appear on any promotional materials or publicity. The following disclaimer must appear on all promotional materials or publicity:
"This event is not affiliated in any way with the Tulsa City-County Library. The Library neither sponsors nor endorses this event, the speaker(s) or the organization."
- A library staff member will review your publicity request. Within 3 business days, you will receive an email with approval or denial of your publicity.
- You must notify the library of invitations to high-profile guests, presenters or speakers. Also notify the library if you expect larger than normal attendance due to a high-profile participant prior to planning and promoting the event/meeting. Examples include but are not limited to: local/national elected officials, media, celebrities, newsmakers, etc. TCCL reserves the right to cancel any event that did not receive prior notification.
- Failure to follow the foregoing requirements may result in an organization being denied use of library facilities.