Laptops for in-library use
Public Access Computers
Bike Locks & Bike Rack
Public Fax, Scan, & Copy
Native American Collection
The Skiatook Library is located on Highway 20 in the heart of downtown Skiatook. Housed in just over 5,000 square feet, our space includes 8 computers, study nooks, a large meeting room, and a collection of over 13,000 books, CDs, movies, and audiobooks. There is a patio with a pollinator garden and a pergola for shade which is perfect for outdoor reading when the weather is nice. The children's area features early learning toys, coloring sheets, and simple crafts.
We offer weekly storytimes for preschoolers as well as programs for children, teens, and adults. You can find information about upcoming events under the Events tab or follow our Facebook page.
Our meeting room holds 70 people and is available for nonprofit, educational, and civic organizations, as well as businesses needing space for employee training. Click here to request the meeting room. Free wi-fi is available throughout the library and parking lot. Wireless printing is available as well as a Business Center that offers copying, scanning and faxing services.
To support our large American Indian population, we have a Native American Collection with books and media for adults and children by and about American Indians. TCCL's American Indian Resource Center sponsors programs at our location each year. These programs highlight the American Indian culture through crafts, storytelling, and dancing.
We have a staff of 5 waiting to assist the Skiatook community with their informational, educational, and recreational needs. Come see us today!
Skiatook Library History
The Skiatook Library opened in 1940 and was originally funded by the Works Progress Administration. The City of Skiatook took over operation in 1953 until The Tulsa City-County Library began management in July, 1962. It was housed in a 1,500 sq. ft. storefront on Skiatook’s main street, at 110 East Rogers Boulevard. When a larger building, formerly a feed store at 228 East Rogers, became available in 1976 it was remodeled to accommodate the library and an additional community meeting room.
In 1981, The Tulsa-City County Library purchased a larger building along main street at 316 E Rogers Boulevard. The 5,400 square foot building, formerly a laundromat and car agency before that, was remodeled by Olsen-Coffey Architects and became Skiatook Library’s permanent home.
A renovation began in 2001 which was funded through a 1998 bond issue. This brought new shelving, floor covering and furniture for the building. These renovations created better use of space and an inviting atmosphere for customers.
Branch Manager History
Billie Shehi 1962-1988
Anna Mae Henderson August 1988-December 1988
Sandra Hebermehl 1988-1989
Sondra Otto 1989-1995
Bobbie Crumb 1995-1999
Leslie Jones 1999-2002
Mark Carlson 2002-2008
Jennifer Armistead 2008-2011
Buddy Ingalls 2011-2012
Michelle Beckes 2012-2022
Shelly Wimberley 2022-present